The NGHA Executive Scholarship Award
(founded in 2010)
The Norfolk HERicanes Girls Hockey Association provides annual scholarship to deserving NGHA players each calendar year. The amount awarded is determined each year by the executive based on the financial statement, success of tournament and number of applicants.
- Must have been registered and played in the Norfolk Girls Hockey Association for a minimum of the last 2 years including the current application year
- Must be in the graduating class of high school
- Must be able to provide evidence of acceptance to a Canadian College or University for the following academic year
- Is a player who has consistently demonstrated a positive attitude and respect toward others in her association
- Is a role model and a leader in her community, promoting a healthy lifestyle, good sportsmanship conduct and self-improvement in all areas of her life
- Will have assisted in the health and development of younger athletes through volunteer activities such as coaching, officiating and mentoring.
- As a volunteer she will have demonstrated leadership and compassion for others in her community and/or elsewhere in the world
How to Apply
Applicants must complete and submit the Norfolk HERicanes Girls Hockey Association Scholarship Application Form found under the "Scholarship" tab no later than midnight March 20, 2020.
All applications will be reviewed by an ad hoc panel of no less than three (3) NGHA Executive members. All adjudicators will be independent and not related to any applicant in that submission year. The winner will be announced at the annual NGHA banquet.